You may find the following websites useful to support your child’s learning whilst the school is closed:
Early Years (Nursery & Reception)
Phonics song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffeZXPtTGC4
10 little numbers –
Big Numbers song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0dJWfQHF8Y
Stories to share at home
- Stickman – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PZDWJ-I5Lk
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NQK-Sm1YY
- Rosie’s Walk – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3kNUTwJhf8
- We’re going on a bear hunt – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyI6ykDwds
- The Three Little Pigs – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlV_jQrXr7c
- Handa’s Surprise – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyIV_xYi0as
- Can’t You Sleep Little Bear – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1aJimzuzbg
– Spelling Frames
– My Maths
The World Of David Walliams
Every day at 11am, you can listen one of David Walliams’ World’s Worst Children stories, so sit down, take a break, and enjoy 20ish minutes of pure fun!
Mindfulness, Keeping Active and ‘Just for Fun’
- PE WITH JOE – thebodycoach.com – Monday – Friday live workout activities aimed at kids every morning at 9am.
- GoNoodle – Lots of short video clips and ‘brain-exercise’ videos including dance, strength and mindfulness as well as some videos that are ‘just for fun’.
- SmilingMind – APP – Short audio sessions to help with mindfulness
- Cosmic Yoga www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga– Yoga videos designed for kids aged 3+
- BBC Super movers – Interactive videos to support with KS1 and KS2 Maths, Literacy and PSHE and P.E learning. There are also activities for times tables as well as some videos ‘just for fun’.
- Www.EdinburghZoo.org.uk – LIVE CAM – Watch animals live at the zoo!
- BeatGoesOn – Youtube – live body percussion sessions for children – every day at 11am.
- Www.robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob – live drawing lessons every Tuesday and Thursday at 10am.